The Number One New Years Resolution
New years are filled with new beginnings, new resolutions, and new hope. There is a list of common resolutions that people make every year, and I am guessing that some of these might sound familiar. Topping this list is spending more quality time with the people that you love! I’ll toast to that.. so here is the list in order of the most popular:
- Spend more time with Family & Friends
- Get more organized
- Work out more..
- Beat the battle of the Bulge
- Quit a vice.. such as drinking, smoking, sugar, caffeine, etc.. you know yours!
- Pay off debt
- Learn something new
- Help others.. volunteer more
Every year I try to organize my resolutions into areas of my life where I feel I want to improve and pick a “Number One” resolution, and stay committed to sticking to that one. To get started I do the following:
- Go through this list, and decide what is the most important change to make this year
- Congratulate myself if I’ve improved in certain areas from last year, but identify where there is room for improvement
- Number all of the items in list of importance and tackle those items first.. if anything it doesn’t overwhelm me when I have to make choices where my values lie, and how I stay committed.
- Categorize down each area, and set realistic goals that can be achieved. If you want to lose 30 pounds in a month or learn Italian in two weeks you may be setting yourself up for failure.
- Be realistic, but committed!
We’ll be checking in over the next few months with some tips and tricks of how to stay focused, and keep committed to your goals. Remember, every day you have the opportunity to make it new and uniquely yours…. so what are you waiting for?
Filed under EcoSavvyMoms Blog · Tagged with